LaunchED: The Higher Education Pre-Seed Pitch Competition
Are you a higher education student wanting to become an entrepreneur?
To promote innovation and encourage entrepreneurship as a career option among higher education students in the UAE. It does this through existing higher education-based business incubators by providing funding to successful teams to develop a prototype of their product.
22 Sept 2023
30 Sept 2023
13 Oct 2023
21 Oct 2023
The competition consists of two rounds. In the first-round teams are screened for eligibility and pitch decks are reviewed. The top pitch decks are chosen for presentation in-person in round two. Round two is conducted on pitch day with teams presenting in-person to a panel of expert judges. Winners are announced at the end of the competition.
- 10-page pitch deck
- 5 minutes to pitch, 5 minutes for questions
- AED 25,000 funding
- 12 Months to develop the prototype
- 4 Quarterly progress reports
- Team members are active students or within 1 year of having completed their degree.
- At least 50% of the team is Emirati.
- Must be working with a higher education incubator that is a member of the Sandooq Al Watan’s Education Incubator Network.
(Your incubator can register here)
- The incubator you are working with must be able to accept the funds on your behalf.
- You must follow your incubators rules for the use of funds.
- See the competition rules for full details.